The main services available include:
- Surveillance Glasgow and surrounding area
- People tracing Glasgow and surrounding area
- Asset tracing Glasgow and surrounding area
- RTA locus reports Glasgow and surrounding area
- Witness statements and accident investigations Glasgow and surrounding area
- Company reports and competitor intelligence Glasgow and surrounding area
- Process server Glasgow and surrounding area
- Polygraph lie test Glasgow and surrounding area
Plus many other Specialist services.
In 2002 an industry survey identified the range of services provided by investigation agencies. The list below sets out the findings of the survey.
- Accident Claims Glasgow (Non RTA), Adoption Enquiries, Anti-corruption, Asset, Assisting Bailiffs as Creditor Representative, Assisting Counsel
- Bankruptcy Investigations Glasgow, Blackmail Investigations, Business Interruption Claims Investigation
- Civil Proceedings (Claimant & Defendant), Close Protection, Competitor Intelligence, Computer Crime, Copyright Infringement, Corporate Security, Counter-surveillance, Counterfeit goods, Credit Card Collections, Credit Vetting, Crime Prevention, Criminal Defence Glasgow, Debt Recovery, Director/Staff Loyalty, Drug Testing/Screening, Due Diligence Enquiries (Personal & Corporate)
- Electronic Surveillance Glasgow, Electronic Surveillance Counter Measures, Employers Liability Claims, Expert Witness
- Financial, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Science Services, Fraud Glasgow, Fraud Prevention, Fraudulent Claims
- Genealogy Glasgow, GPS/GSM Vehicle/Plant/Freight Tracking, Grey Market & Parallel Trading
- Industrial Espionage Glasgow, Information Security, Internal Loss (Shrinkage), Internet Profiling, Interviewing (inc. multi-lingual), Enquiries and Surveys in relation to: Planning Applications, Liquor Licensing Applications, Gaming Licence Applications, Betting Office Licence Applications
- Life Insurance Claims, Locating Missing Animals, Locating Missing Property, Locus Reports Glasgow
- Manned Guarding, Marine Claims, Matrimonial Glasgow, Missing Persons Enquiries, Mortgage Protection Claims
- Patent Infringement, Peace of Mind, Plan Drawing, Polygraph lie detection test Glasgow, Post Adoption Enquiries, Pre & Post Employment, Pre- home Purchase Reports, Private Medical Claims, Probate Enquiries, Process Serving, Product Contamination, Professional Indemnity Claims, Property Claims, Public Liability Claims
- Risk Management Glasgow, Recovery of Abducted Minors, RTA Injury Claims, RTA Investigation (Non-Injury)
- Security Surveys, Statement Taking Glasgow, Statements as to Means, Status (Pre-sue) Enquiries, Surveillance: Physical, Remote, Foot, Mobile, Static, Technical
- Tenancy, Test Purchasing Glasgow, Theft Claims, Theft (non-insurance), Theft of Goods in Transit, Tracing Beneficiaries, Tracing Individuals, Family, Friends, Translations, Travel Claims, Travel Insurance Claims
- Undercover Operations Glasgow
- Vehicle, Plant, Aircraft & Boat Repossession
- General Investigations Glasgow not categorised above
Most detective agencies provide only a small range of these services. Services may also be described in different ways.
Research undertaken by FindaDetective identified terms commonly used to describe private investigation. Here is our list.
- Many of the terms can be prefixed with the word private or the word professional. These are not shown here as alternatives.
- Investigators and Detectives are the most common terms. Investigations is the third most popular general term.
- Agent is a term that is used in conjunction with another word, such as Enquiry Agents and Solicitors Agents, as well as Detective Agent and Investigation Agent.
- Agency and Bureau are two terms used to describe a company providing investigation services. The terms may also be combined with other terms, such as Detective Agencies, Detective Bureau and Bureau of Investigation.
- Private Eyes and Gum Shoe are two of the popular terms for private investigators
If you know any more then let us know and we will add them to the list.