The main services available include:
- Surveillance Cambridge and surrounding area
- People tracing Cambridge and surrounding area
- Asset tracing Cambridge and surrounding area
- RTA locus reports Cambridge and surrounding area
- Witness statements and accident investigations Cambridge and surrounding area
- Company reports and competitor intelligence Cambridge and surrounding area
- Process server Cambridge and surrounding area
- Polygraph lie test Cambridge and surrounding area
Plus many other Specialist services.
In 2002 an industry survey identified the range of services provided by investigation agencies in Cambridge. The list below sets out the findings of the survey.
- Cambridge Accident Claims (Non RTA), Adoption Enquiries, Anti-corruption, Asset, Assisting Bailiffs as Creditor Representative, Assisting Counsel
- Newmarket Bankruptcy Investigations, Blackmail Investigations, Business Interruption Claims Investigation
- Cambridge Civil Proceedings (Claimant & Defendant), Close Protection, Competitor Intelligence, Computer Crime, Copyright Infringement, Corporate Security, Counter-surveillance, Counterfeit goods, Credit Card Collections, Credit Vetting, Crime Prevention, Criminal Defence, Debt Recovery, Director/Staff Loyalty, Drug Testing/Screening, Due Diligence Enquiries (Personal & Corporate)
- Newmarket Electronic Surveillance, Electronic Surveillance Counter Measures, Employers Liability Claims, Expert Witness
- Cambridge Financial, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Science Services, Fraud, Fraud Prevention, Fraudulent Claims
- Newmarket Genealogy, GPS/GSM Vehicle/Plant/Freight Tracking, Grey Market & Parallel Trading
- Cambridge Industrial Espionage, Information Security, Internal Loss (Shrinkage), Internet Profiling, Interviewing (inc. multi-lingual), Enquiries and Surveys in relation to: Planning Applications, Liquor Licensing Applications, Gaming Licence Applications, Betting Office Licence Applications
- Newmarket Life Insurance Claims, Locating Missing Animals, Locating Missing Property, Locus Reports
- Cambridge Manned Guarding, Marine Claims, Matrimonial, Missing Persons Enquiries, Mortgage Protection Claims
- Newmarket Nanny investigations
- Cambridge Patent Infringement, Peace of Mind, Plan Drawing, Polygraph lie detection test, Post Adoption Enquiries, Pre & Post Employment, Pre- home Purchase Reports, Private Medical Claims, Probate Enquiries, Process Serving, Product Contamination, Professional Indemnity Claims, Property Claims, Public Liability Claims
- Newmarket Risk Management, Recovery of Abducted Minors, RTA Injury Claims, RTA Investigation (Non-Injury)
- Cambridge Security Surveys, Statement Taking, Statements as to Means, Status (Pre-sue) Enquiries, Surveillance: Physical, Remote, Foot, Mobile, Static, Technical
- Newmarket Tenancy, Test Purchasing, Theft Claims, Theft (non-insurance), Theft of Goods in Transit, Tracing Beneficiaries, Tracing Individuals, Family, Friends, Translations, Travel Claims, Travel Insurance Claims
- Cambridge Undercover Operations
- Newmarket Vehicle, Plant, Aircraft & Boat Repossession
- Cambridge General Investigations not categorised above
Most detective agencies provide only a small range of these services. Services may also be described in different ways.
Research undertaken by FindaDetective identified terms commonly used to describe private investigation. Here is our list.
- Many of the terms can be prefixed with the word private or the word professional. These are not shown here as alternatives.
- Investigators and Detectives are the most common terms. Investigations is the third most popular general term.
- Agent is a term that is used in conjunction with another word, such as Enquiry Agents and Solicitors Agents, as well as Detective Agent and Investigation Agent.
- Agency and Bureau are two terms used to describe a company providing investigation services. The terms may also be combined with other terms, such as Detective Agencies, Detective Bureau and Bureau of Investigation.
- Private Eyes and Gum Shoe are two of the popular terms for private investigators
If you know any more then let us know and we will add them to the list.