Find a Detective private investigators in Plymouth provide a range of services including: Surveillance, Tracing missing people & assets, Pre-sue reports, Process server, RTA locus reports, Witness statements and accident investigations, Insurance claims investigations, Company reports and competitor intelligence, Specialist services.
click Advert to read more about the company
Bluemoon Investigations01823 216 339
Public services: Matrimonial & personal matters, Tracing missing persons.
Company: Part of the Bluemoon Investigations network, the Taunton office provides a local service in south west England for Industry, Commerce, Legal profession and the general public.
Focus Investigations01392 346 111
Public services: Tracing missing persons, Partner surveillance, Photo/Video evidence, Vehicle tracking, Peace of mind reports, Asset searching, Property & neighbourhood checks, General investigator.
Company: Exeter based agency operating throughout Devon, Cornwall and the southwest. A personal service with a professional approach.
Investigation Research02380 016 190
Public services: Tracing, Web research, Enhanced background checks, Investigation research.
Business: A discreet, confidential and comprehensive investigation research service across the UK.
Private Investigators to be regulated
July 2013 Home Secretary Theresa May announced that Private Investigators are to be regulated from 2014.
Read the announcement from the Home Office about the Regulation of Private Investigators.
Choose a Quality Private Investigator
Since the launch of FindaDetective in 2003 we have promoted quality professional investigators. In advance of regulation many of our investigators are:
- QCF / EDI Qualified Professional Investigator Level 3 Award
- BTEC Qualified Surveillance Level 3 Advanced Award
- Professional Indemnity insured & Public Liability insured
- Criminal Records Bureau checked
All our Professional Investigators are Data Protection Act notified.
Frequently Asked Questions
What services are provided in this area?
The main services available include:
Plus many other Specialist services.
What services does a private investigator provide in Plymouth?
In 2002 an industry survey identified the range of services provided by investigation agencies. The list below sets out the findings of the survey.
- Accident Claims Plymouth (Non RTA), Adoption Enquiries, Anti-corruption, Asset, Assisting Bailiffs as Creditor Representative, Assisting Counsel
- Bankruptcy Investigations Plymouth, Blackmail Investigations, Business Interruption Claims Investigation
- Civil Proceedings (Claimant & Defendant), Close Protection, Competitor Intelligence, Computer Crime, Copyright Infringement, Corporate Security, Counter-surveillance, Counterfeit goods, Credit Card Collections, Credit Vetting, Crime Prevention, Criminal Defence Plymouth, Debt Recovery, Director/Staff Loyalty, Drug Testing/Screening, Due Diligence Enquiries (Personal & Corporate)
- Electronic Surveillance Plymouth, Electronic Surveillance Counter Measures, Employers Liability Claims, Expert Witness
- Financial, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Science Services, Fraud Plymouth, Fraud Prevention, Fraudulent Claims
- Genealogy Plymouth, GPS/GSM Vehicle/Plant/Freight Tracking, Grey Market & Parallel Trading
- Industrial Espionage Plymouth, Information Security, Internal Loss (Shrinkage), Internet Profiling, Interviewing (inc. multi-lingual), Enquiries and Surveys in relation to: Planning Applications, Liquor Licensing Applications, Gaming Licence Applications, Betting Office Licence Applications
- Life Insurance Claims, Locating Missing Animals, Locating Missing Property, Locus Reports Plymouth
- Manned Guarding, Marine Claims, Matrimonial Plymouth, Missing Persons Enquiries, Mortgage Protection Claims
- Patent Infringement, Peace of Mind, Plan Drawing, Polygraph lie detection test Plymouth, Post Adoption Enquiries, Pre & Post Employment, Pre- home Purchase Reports, Private Medical Claims, Probate Enquiries, Process Serving, Product Contamination, Professional Indemnity Claims, Property Claims, Public Liability Claims
- Risk Management Plymouth, Recovery of Abducted Minors, RTA Injury Claims, RTA Investigation (Non-Injury)
- Security Surveys, Statement Taking Plymouth, Statements as to Means, Status (Pre-sue) Enquiries, Surveillance: Physical, Remote, Foot, Mobile, Static, Technical
- Tenancy, Test Purchasing Plymouth, Theft Claims, Theft (non-insurance), Theft of Goods in Transit, Tracing Beneficiaries, Tracing Individuals, Family, Friends, Translations, Travel Claims, Travel Insurance Claims
- Undercover Operations Plymouth
- Vehicle, Plant, Aircraft & Boat Repossession
- General Investigations Plymouth not categorised above
Most detective agencies provide only a small range of these services. Services may also be described in different ways.
What do you call a private investigator?
Research undertaken by FindaDetective identified terms commonly used to describe private investigation. Here is our list.
- Many of the terms can be prefixed with the word private or the word professional. These are not shown here as alternatives.
- Investigators and Detectives are the most common terms. Investigations is the third most popular general term.
- Agent is a term that is used in conjunction with another word, such as Enquiry Agents and Solicitors Agents, as well as Detective Agent and Investigation Agent.
- Agency and Bureau are two terms used to describe a company providing investigation services. The terms may also be combined with other terms, such as Detective Agencies, Detective Bureau and Bureau of Investigation.
- Private Eyes and Gum Shoe are two of the popular terms for private investigators
If you know any more then let us know and we will add them to the list.