Find a Detective private investigators in Exeter provide a range of services including: Surveillance, Tracing missing people & assets, Pre-sue reports, Process server, RTA locus reports, Witness statements and accident investigations, Insurance claims investigations, Company reports and competitor intelligence, Specialist services.
click Advert to read more about the company
Focus Investigations01392 346 111
Public services: Tracing missing persons, Partner surveillance, Photo/Video evidence, Vehicle tracking, Peace of mind reports, Asset searching, Property & neighbourhood checks, General investigator.
Company: Exeter based agency operating throughout Devon, Cornwall and the southwest. A personal service with a professional approach.
Quality Detectives0330 6600 518
Public services: Matrimonial investigator, Covert surveillance, Peace of mind reports, Tracing missing persons, Polygraph tests, Child custody cases, Divorce financial investigator.
Company: Long established Agency operating throughout the UK. Established by an ex-Met police CID officer the company offers a professional service using a team of dedicated & experienced private investigators.
Investigation Research02380 016 190
Public services: Tracing, Web research, Enhanced background checks, Investigation research.
Business: A discreet, confidential and comprehensive investigation research service across the UK.
Bluemoon Investigations01392 346 328
Public services: Matrimonial & personal matters, Tracing missing persons.
Company: Part of the Bluemoon Investigations network, providing a local service across the UK.
Private Investigators to be regulated
July 2013 Home Secretary Theresa May announced that Private Investigators are to be regulated from 2014.
Read the announcement from the Home Office about the Regulation of Private Investigators.
Choose a Quality Private Investigator
Since the launch of FindaDetective in 2003 we have promoted quality professional investigators. In advance of regulation many of our investigators are:
- QCF / EDI Qualified Professional Investigator Level 3 Award
- BTEC Qualified Surveillance Level 3 Advanced Award
- Professional Indemnity insured & Public Liability insured
- Criminal Records Bureau checked
All our Professional Investigators are Data Protection Act notified.
Frequently Asked Questions
What services are provided in this area?
The main services available include:
- Surveillance Exeter, Torquay, Barnstaple and surrounding area
- People tracing Exeter, Torquay, Barnstaple and surrounding area
- Process server Exeter, Torquay, Barnstaple and surrounding area
- Private investigator Exeter, Torquay, Barnstaple and surrounding area
Plus many other Specialist services.
What services does a private investigator provide in Exeter, Torquay, Barnstaple?
In 2002 an industry survey identified the range of services provided by investigation agencies. The list below sets out the findings of the survey.
- Accident Claims Exeter (Non RTA), Adoption Enquiries, Anti-corruption, Asset, Assisting Bailiffs as Creditor Representative, Assisting Counsel
- Bankruptcy Investigations Torquay, Blackmail Investigations, Business Interruption Claims Investigation
- Civil Proceedings (Claimant & Defendant), Close Protection, Competitor Intelligence, Computer Crime, Copyright Infringement, Corporate Security, Counter-surveillance, Counterfeit goods, Credit Card Collections, Credit Vetting, Crime Prevention, Criminal Defence Barnstaple, Debt Recovery, Director/Staff Loyalty, Drug Testing/Screening, Due Diligence Enquiries (Personal & Corporate)
- Electronic Surveillance Exeter, Electronic Surveillance Counter Measures, Employers Liability Claims, Expert Witness
- Financial, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Science Services, Fraud Torquay, Fraud Prevention, Fraudulent Claims
- Genealogy Barnstaple, GPS/GSM Vehicle/Plant/Freight Tracking, Grey Market & Parallel Trading
- Industrial Espionage Exeter, Information Security, Internal Loss (Shrinkage), Internet Profiling, Interviewing (inc. multi-lingual), Enquiries and Surveys in relation to: Planning Applications, Liquor Licensing Applications, Gaming Licence Applications, Betting Office Licence Applications
- Life Insurance Claims, Locating Missing Animals, Locating Missing Property, Locus Reports Torquay
- Manned Guarding, Marine Claims, Matrimonial Barnstaple, Missing Persons Enquiries, Mortgage Protection Claims
- Patent Infringement, Peace of Mind, Plan Drawing, Polygraph lie detection test Exeter, Post Adoption Enquiries, Pre & Post Employment, Pre- home Purchase Reports, Private Medical Claims, Probate Enquiries, Process Serving, Product Contamination, Professional Indemnity Claims, Property Claims, Public Liability Claims
- Risk Management Torquay, Recovery of Abducted Minors, RTA Injury Claims, RTA Investigation (Non-Injury)
- Security Surveys, Statement Taking Barnstaple, Statements as to Means, Status (Pre-sue) Enquiries, Surveillance: Physical, Remote, Foot, Mobile, Static, Technical
- Tenancy, Test Purchasing Exeter, Theft Claims, Theft (non-insurance), Theft of Goods in Transit, Tracing Beneficiaries, Tracing Individuals, Family, Friends, Translations, Travel Claims, Travel Insurance Claims
- Undercover Operations Torquay
- Vehicle, Plant, Aircraft & Boat Repossession
- General Investigations Barnstaple not categorised above
Most detective agencies provide only a small range of these services. Services may also be described in different ways.
What do you call a private investigator?
Research undertaken by FindaDetective identified terms commonly used to describe private investigation. Here is our list.
- Many of the terms can be prefixed with the word private or the word professional. These are not shown here as alternatives.
- Investigators and Detectives are the most common terms. Investigations is the third most popular general term.
- Agent is a term that is used in conjunction with another word, such as Enquiry Agents and Solicitors Agents, as well as Detective Agent and Investigation Agent.
- Agency and Bureau are two terms used to describe a company providing investigation services. The terms may also be combined with other terms, such as Detective Agencies, Detective Bureau and Bureau of Investigation.
- Private Eyes and Gum Shoe are two of the popular terms for private investigators
If you know any more then let us know and we will add them to the list.